Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Spashiba bolshoy

Being at Disney World, I had read and heard that you can sometimes get stuff extra, as long as you are nice...
Well, me being nice is different when it is a female and it typically comes across as flirting, which I did in front of my wife, and she thought it was funny because she knew I was just trying to get freebies...

But the Russian and German ladies took to me very well.

Example number 1: (Mullins would be proud). We ate somewhere that offered hamburgers and a bar full of toppings you could go hog wild on to put on your burger.
My wife and I don't eat white bread, and after we had ordered and stood in line to get our food, she noticed that there was a chicken wrap on the menu in a whole wheat wrap... So I turned on my smile and looked at all the gals working back there... one took the bait and came to the counter and I asked her if we could get one of those wrapes to put our burger in... she had a russian accent (MIGHT have been german, but doubtful) and didnt understand me too well, so she grabbed a chicken wrap with all the fixins' and added it to our tray. I said "No no! Just the wrap!" She said "I can not get them, they are in the back, making fresh" (I assume she meant being made fresh). So I said "Did you give me this just because I am so good looking?" TO which she blushed and said "Because you are funny."

Example number 2: In Epcot, we hit the German land so my wife and I could have some braughtwurst which we love. The Sips were in China eating, so we wanted to get it to go. After some chit chat with the German ladies about how much german I could speak (I said alot of common phrases you hear in WW2 movies) we got our food. An older lady handed us the food and I said "Can I get a bag?" She said "We have no bags here" Yet a dark brunette gal said "Ill get one!" and left her post, went to a store about 40 yards away, asked the clerk for a shopping bag, and brought it out to us, to which I replied "Danke " and she laughed...

Example number 3: Nothing free, but flattering none-the-less. We were at Typhoon lagoon. The ride we were in line for had 3 slides at the top. My wife took one, Rach took the other, and I took number 3. The lady standing at the top of the slide noticed a man a few feet back wearing the same swim suit as me, and she pointed this out to me as i was 2nd or 3rd to go down the slide. She had an accent to which sounded very much like Russian. I joked with her and said "Hey! You need to kick him out of the park for wearing the same thing as me!" TO which she replied in broken english "You can take yours off!" I said "And do what with it?!?!" She said "you can give it to me" The light on my slide turned green and I took off...

4 comments:

bigsip said...

LOL...I hadn't heard the whole story till now! Yes, the DW folks all aim to please, one way or another.

tnmommieof2 said...

jamison...you are sooo like my husband!!!! although he doesn't do it as much as he used to...i think having kids has made him honest!!!! lol

mullinz8 said...

Very funny. There are a lot of reasons I love Jamison and one of them is being able to see an oppertunity to give someone a hardtime in an attempt to make them laugh.
The kids havn't make me honest it's a timing and placement thing. Kids are like random echo chambers. A quick line that's funny or quarky can quickly come unravelled in the hands of a young child. Isaac is geting to the point where he listening to everything we say especially when we think he's not. The timing thing is that you need to be able to follow a gag through completion like the bathing suit thing. Isaac would have been pointing down the slide the whole time and I'd not had the chance to make the first observing joke. Which that's a great story. You could Penthouse it up a little really easily. I'm sorry but that's where my mind goes, I likea de sex!

JS said...

it could be a mullins-let-me-down story too