Friday, August 12, 2005

footing the bill

This is worth blogging I suppose...

Yesterday was the day of all days for me at work... it all started at 3pm.... that’s when all faculty got out of an all day thingy in the theatre... in fact, they are doing another one today, so today may be busy too....

Anyway, I was at work late. At 6 or 7pm, I was taking a computer off of my worktable that I had unsuccessfully tried to fix (but did eventually get fixed before I went home). As I slid this computer off the table into my arms, I suppose the exhaustion from the days work got the best of my and the computer fell right on top of my left foot. Not in a way so that the weight was distributed, but rather the smaller side of it hit my foot so that the rest of the computer was directly above my foot.

It smarted, but rather than yell curses and scream in pain, I yelled at the computer saying "AH HA! Not gonna work for you this time is it!?!?" Okay, I had lost my mind at that point. But I was rubbing it into this inanimate object that it was unable to break on me. See, if my foot hadn't been there, the computer would be broke beyond repair.... In a way I was happy for the injury... but today it kind of hurts to walk on.

Then around 8:30pm I headed home... yeah, I kept working after the injury, what an idiot...

7 comments:

JS said...

But now the Sippers tell me that having crutches or a wheelchair is actually a good thing at Disney... hmmmm...

nah, id rather be able to walk...

lilsip said...

Paul sprained his ankle when he was about 5 or 6 and had to use a wheelchair. Got to the front of all the lines. But then we had to leave it parked outside a ride and somebody stole it. Stole a little kid's wheelchair! At Disney!

bigsip said...

Rise, Jamison RISE!!!

JS said...

RISE ON MY COMMAND!!!

Some good bits by the comedian can be found at http://www.louisck.com/

pretty clean, and funny!

mullinz8 said...

The wheelchair was porbally moved by Disney staff. Two people I work with are Disney nuts and they once told me that if something is left unattended employee's are told to pick the thing up, see if anyone is coming back for it right then and if not take it to lost and found. They once walked 20 ft. away from a camera and turned to get it and it was gone. Since it had all their vacation photographs on it they figured it had been ripped off. On a whim they went to lost and found and without missing a beat they found their camera, it had been returned by some good mouesketeer.

lilsip said...

The wheelchair was rented from Disney. It was parked in a designated spot outside the ride, and when we got out, there were no wheelchairs anywhere around.

bigsip said...

Dang...well, hopefully we won't have to have one for Jamison. What say there, Fuzzy-Britches? But, Mullins is right about the service being impecable. Those Disney folks are on it!