Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Destin Connection

When I blog I blog...Long read and possibly boring.

Jodi and I want to take a break for our 10 year anniversary of our first date. We decide to go to Destin. The main reason is it's near my folks and they agreed to take care of Alexandra for 2 nights. :)

We stay one night at my parents to get Alexandra accustomed to the "new" faces. She attaches to my mom. Alexandra has never done that. She is very independent and only attaches to us. Even at day care she rarely asks to be held by the teachers. Maybe it was a blessing from God; we were afraid she wouldn't adjust too well.

The next day, she barely notices us leaving. We get to the hotel at 3:30 to check-in. We asked to upgrade to a gulf-front view. The dude behind the counter said, "sure but only because you are wearing a Bama t-shirt." He was kidding a bit they weren't full that weekend and had rooms to spare. It was a standard double-queen room that showed all the sings of salt water decay. Everything stuck, doors, faucets, and the pull for the shower.

That night our AC goes out in the car, and I don't have to tools to fix it. We decide to "live with it" and find the part on the way back to my folks and fix it at their house.

We have a great time until our second night. I'm pooped (or so I thought). It was actually the beginning of a 4+ day battle with a virus that made me ache, wouldn't let me sleep, and made me sweaty and hot. The only benefit of this was on that second night. At about 1 o-clock in the morning I was treated to an hour long x-rated audio presentation courtesy of our next door neighbors. I almost woke Jodi up to compete with them, but I was afraid she'd make fun of me after we were done (I wasn't feeling to hot either). By the way I think this guys girlfriend was faking.

The next day we get up to check-out and get breakfast. I'm still sore and tired. Jodi drives. We finally find an auto-parts store. The part is about $100. I buy it and install it when we get to my parents (took about 20 minutes).

When we get ther, Alexandra is spoiled to a fine "T" and decided to start teething at "Maw-maws". She was super clinginy for the next two days.

I don't go to Church on Sunday. On Sunday night, Jodi starts to have some symptoms. On Monday morning, I'm out again, and Jodi had an extra-concentrated version of my virus. She was literally stooping all the way to the couch as she was taking Alexandra there to feed. I'm not feeling as bad as she, so I get everything ready to take her to day care. I drop her off, return home, plop in bed.

I'm jealous of Jodi, She was felling pretty good this morning. I was able to keep pace, but by the time I got to work. I was pooped.

I hope this virus is finally gone.

6 comments:

JS said...

so i take it you didnt eat at any great places in Destin...?

bigsip said...

Ah, Destin. I like that place. Sorry it didn't go exactly as planned. Glad y'all could get away, though. Rachel has posted the trip report for our first day to her blog if anyone wants to read it.

JS said...

hey! post it here! what gives? whats the jig?

bigsip said...

I'll ask her to do that. She has it on her blog right now.

mullinz8 said...

Chuck I'm sorry the 10 year sucked. I'm sure that you would have rather been hot and sweaty in a much different way, I'm sure you'll have the chance to make it up to her. At least the kid did good at your folks.

kermitgrn said...

A) We got one good night in... :)

B) I ate anyway. Found one great spot for everything, one good one for Appetizers and Deserts, and had some awsome fried crab claws.