Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Constantine/The Jacket

Rachel and I rented a couple of movies this weekend:

Constantine was much better than we had expected. I keep hearing the same thing from just about everyone I have asked about it. The movie took some liberties from a religious/Biblical perspective (as would be expected with all the Catholic dogma), but it was fun to watch and the characters were pretty well-played. Keanu Reeves even managed to be someone other than Keanu Reeves in the movie.

On a very different side of the coin, The Jacket was prime independent film material. The cast was an odd collection of talent with Adrian Brody, Kira Knightly, Kris Kristopherson, and Jennifer Jason Leigh, but they worked their characters to the bone and made you think. It's rated R and has some bad language and situations, but was compelling and well-conceived.

I would recommend The Jacket over Constantine, but both were interesting to watch and enjoyable in their own way.

2 comments:

Mat Brewster said...

I saw Constantine on the flight back home. I too felt it was better expected, even while watching it several thousand miles over the sea through a tiny little tv on the back of a seat.

bigsip said...

Yeah, it had a "good" plot and story for the most part. I enjoyed it.