Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Lost in My Neighborhood

So, I went for a jog yesterday since I got home after Rachel and her brother, Paul and Mom, Vicki took Luke to the doctor (only to find he has a virus that must run its course). I took the dogs around a couple of blocks and then came back, dropped them off, stretched, and stared my jog. I figured I'd go over by Huntingdon College, which is just over from our house a few blocks. I ran over there and noticed a neighborhood on the south side of it that looked interesting. As I jogged through this part of Old Cloverdale, I got to see many beautiful historic homes including one built in 1821! It was truly a cool area to go through and view. However, as I went farther down into the neighborhood, I started to get a bit hot and tired, so I decided to head back home. Only problem was that I had no idea where I was. So, I wandered the neighborhood in classic-male form, not asking for directions and finally found my way back home. All in all, I had jogged for a little over half an hour and have no idea how far I went. It was an adventure I don't think I'll repeat.

2 comments:

Mat Brewster said...

That reminds me of when I was supposed to meet my french tutor at mcdonalds one day. It wasn't really that far from our house so I decided to walk. Normally I took the tram out that way, but walking I thought I'd take a short cut. Two hours later I found my way to McDonalds. At one point I literally ran out of city and hit some forrest.

I too didn't wan't to ask directions. Although I was a little more hindered knowing very little French and all.

bigsip said...

Dang, man! I wasn't nearly that lost. I can't imagine being lost in a place where my native language was not spoken. Never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness for McDonalds!