Thursday, August 11, 2005

gently apply breaks

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I must. Jules, Isaac and Caleb and I aren't going to be able to make to Montgomery. We're all really bummed but if we had made the trip we would have been so strapped coming back home that I would have turned into Jules term a "money nazi" So making the call of good financial management we're staying in Tennessee. We're heading to Braly's stomping grounds, Chat-town for a night and taking the kids to various things like the aquarium, kids discovery center and the choo choo. I really can't tell you how ticked I am at this but sometimes you just gotta cut and run with what you've got. I love you all dearly and am saddened that we won't be able to hang out.

8 comments:

JS said...

they will have fun in chattanooga. I would never move back there, but must confess the downtown area has good traffic flow, is not over crowded, looks new everywhere, and is fun for all ages... Sadly, Larissa and I have never tours chattanooga when we go, we really need to sometime.

Yall have fun, be careful, and say hellow to umbrella rock for me! We will miss you. Especially the jam session...

bigsip said...

Well, I saw it coming and understand. Y'all will be missed gretly. Y'all have been down here enough anyway. Perhaps we can all meet up there once the Brews get their stuff together and can travel. Have fun in Chattynoogy! Love you, Mullins.

kermitgrn said...

Drat and Double-Drat. But I understand the fund issue. Jodi and I are saving and not traveling because of money ourselves.

bigsip said...

Is the AP situation still looking bleak? I saw Rob Baker over at the church building last night. I feel bad for the guy. He is the sole money-maker in their household and a really nice guy. They haven't been here long either and are about to have another baby. Sorry, I feel bad for all you AP guys in the thick of this, but they seem to be in an especially rough position. I hope and pray all is coming together.

Diana said...

I'll never forgive you.
Just kidding. I love you Mullins. We will meet up some other time... We may go back to Montgomery in March if you wanna shoot for that.. Have fun in Chatanooga!

Mat Brewster said...

I don't blame you with the price of gas hitting a 1.50 and upwards.

My father in law said The Christian Chronicle run a whole expose on the AP happenings awhile back.

bigsip said...

$1.50?!?!?! Heck, it's $2.50 and up here...getting closer to European prices every day!

Mat Brewster said...

Oh, sorry, its a buck fifty here too.