Monday, August 29, 2005

Movin' On Up

So here's an interesting little tid bit.
I'm getting a promotion.
Well, sort of. It's a temporary promotion. We just lost one of our managers, and since the district is a little crazy right now, me and one other girl are going to be temporary key holders for the next two months. We'll sort of act as the third person. It's not many more hours, so it shouldn't interfere with school, and I get a nice little raise too. I'm excited about it, needless to say.
Schools going well. I love love love my classes. If I had it my way, I'd be there all day, learning about children and their minds. I had my first test today in my hardest class and I think I did pretty well.
Love you guys very much,
Di

5 comments:

bigsip said...

Congrats, Di! Leadership experience can be very helpful in life. I'm sure you'll do great!

mullinz8 said...

So when they hire someone new you will still retain your raise correct? You'd better fight to keep it if they throw out that "With the new hire we now have to cut back" line.
I'm thrilled you are loving school and I'm very proud of you for following that dream. I've never had any childhood development classes or anything of that nature but the best way to learn about those little knee biting critters is to raise one, or two for that matter. Just remember once they start getting sleepy the most kind hearted and happy child turns into a "crank." Once you reach a certain point of tiredness that book learning goes out the window because it's like dealing with a grumpy crocodile, once they get some sleep they are born anew, amazing!

bigsip said...

I must agree with Mullins. Naps are instrumental in maintaining a happy kid. I was in charge of the Kindergarteners when I worked at ACA daycare for 2.5 years and those kids were out of control if they missed their nap! So, we mixed queludes in their snacks...Joking! e do make Luke drink a bottle of Nyquil every day, though....ok, joking again.

Diana said...

Yeah, I was a manager at BBV for a few years but that got old because the company is messed up, so this should be a pretty easy transition for me. I will not keep the raise, she's being upfront about that. It's just because I won't be a key holder anymore, but that's fine with me, really. I'm supposed to get a small raise in October, so maybe my manager will pull some strings... but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's not important to me, though. My focus is on school.
Yes, the naps are helpful. I share all of my teachers' philosophies that the best thing for children that age are naps and recess. Songs, centers, books imporant too, of course, but the government really overlooks the imporant of rest and social time.

Mat Brewster said...

Cool beans, Di. Chalk it up to some experience. The extra cash is nice, but adding a line to your resume to say you were periodically given management duties is worth much more.