Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Update

I talked to my Dad last night for the first time since the Walmart incident. I gotta say, it appears I may have misjudged my father. Apparently Cynthia picked the wrong night to mess with him. She came to him about the stuff after my Dad got off at 10:00pm and was supposed to get up at 5:00am the next morning to go back to work. When she told her story, he stuck up for me. He said no way would his daughter do that and why didn't she say anything first. I told him how much I love him and want him to be happy. He assured me he wouldn't be married to her the rest of his life and asked if he could say in our apartment a few nights. To which I said 'you bet.' I'm not an advocate of divorce or anything, but how are you supposed to feel if you parent is in an abusive relationship with the person who used to abuse you??? I told Dad that I was afraid I may loose him because of her and he said that that would never happen, ever. So things are good. He also apologized for always looking the other way when I lived at home, and that it got as bad as it did. I forgive him. And I'm really glad I talked to him last night. I feel like I can get over my feelings of betrayal now. And I'm going to go eat lunch with him today. You guys have a great day!!! I love you all! Diana

"I just want you to understand
that I know what all the fighting was for
and I just want you to understand
that I'm not angry anymore"
-Ani Defranco

5 comments:

bigsip said...

WOW! Now there's forgiveness. Beautiful turnaround. Your Dad loves you, Di. I'm so glad you could talk to him like that and I hope y'all keep on communicating and healing together.

JS said...

i love a happy ending!

Mat Brewster said...

That's very nice. I hope things continue to go well on the family front.

mullinz8 said...

The journey of a million miles begins with one step. Your first step was talking to the man. I've known people who never got the nerve to do what you've done and have regretted it the rest of their lives. Always be brave!

Diana said...

The first steps to healing.
Thanks guys.