Thursday, July 07, 2005

DIY

I was just thinking of a cool new book idea. I have been building, landscaping, and gardening for a while and thought it would be cool to write a DIY book of 10 simple DIY projects to make your home more tranquil or fun or whatever! For instance, 3 of the projects could be simple build or creative inside ideas, 3 could be cool landscaping projects for the yard (fountain, beds, lighting, etc.), 3 - 4 could be stuff about herb gardens, flower/vegetable gardening, or extra inside or landscape ideas. Just thought it would be a timely book for DIYers. Mullins, I know you've had some DIY network experience. Any tips? I think it could be something Rachel and I could cowrite even! I need some attention to detail and artistic flare for something like this anyway. Could be pretty cool!

4 comments:

JS said...

I hate to be a downer, but I am almost 100% certain that hundreds of books have been made on those subjects. I have one on my shelf publish and sold by home depot with like 100 home projects that are all very easy and drawn out in a simple, cartoonish, way. step by step...

great minds think alike.

bigsip said...

Yeah, you are so right. It's just a thought. Could be fun for a magazine article or something, though.

JS said...

for the webzine... "Sips weekly home project" In 10 steps or less...

bigsip said...

Sweet! Oh, I grouted the fountain, btw. Looks GREAT! Rachel picked up some busted bags of grout at Lowes for 50 cents, each! We paid $1.50 for our grout instead of $15!!! Anyway, it looks good and we were able to tile that whole fountain for about $20 total.