Monday, July 25, 2005

Montgomery Rain

Man I love a good Montgomery storm. The thunder makes me stop and hold my breath for a second; it makes me think of God's power. Luke came up to me with his fists beating the air, the baby sign for thunder, saying "der-der!" I can see a small waterfall cascading in front of our back porch. Josh and I did some planting in the garden this weekend. We scattered some wildflower seed and divided/transplanted our daylilies. They all needed a lot of water, and voila! Here it is!

3 comments:

Diana said...

mmmmm. Sounds good. Things like that just aren't great in MB...About a week ago there was this really pretty pink lightening in the distance... it was wierd though because it seemed continuous.

JS said...

interesting weather tid bit...
an odd jet steam has brought sand from the middle east to the USA south east, making our days hazy but our sun sets nice.

bigsip said...

The Arabs are coming, the Arabs are coming!!! I love Montgomery rain, too. Rain in south Alabam is wetter than it is where we lived in Georgia. It really gets down to the root and nourishes.