Saturday, July 16, 2005

I'm Back

I'm finally back from my long jaunt. It was very fun, and rather exhausting. I'll have a whole lot to say about it in a day or two but I'll drop some quick highlights now.

Ireland is beautiful, but freaking cold. It was cloudy, windy and way to chilly for my thing khakis and t-shirts. We saw the Blarney stone, the Cliffs of Moohr (better known to Princess Bride fans as the Cliffs of Insanity)a couple of castles and lots of sheep.

Barcelona was dirty and not that exciting. It is full of the architecture of a guy called Gaudi, whom I had never heard of, but turned out some pretty darn awesome stuff. He created what is hands down the coolest park I've ever been too.

We went to an all nude beach on accident (we knew there was an all nude section, but thought we were far enough away to avoid the nakedness). It was.....um....and experience to say the least.

Checked out some old school Roman ruins, and some magnificent royal palaces in the South of France.

Visited Paris again, it was much more soothing this time, knowing our way around and all.

I'll be a regular internet junkie until Thursday, at which time we fly home.

Oh, and it's nice of you guys to miss me :)

8 comments:

Mat Brewster said...

Funny that I post this on a Saturday in which it won't be commented on for like two days.

Oh, and I will be replying to lots of the 8 thousand pages of stuff you guys wrote, so if you do not have blogger set to e-mail you when a comment is posted, start checking the last two weeks worth of postings.

JS said...

ah ha! foiled you! i comment today! and i am glad yall are done and SAFE! I wish i had a chance to crash your stay in gatlinburg, but I fly to dallas the first week in august with larissa, we will see cat van meter.

JS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JS said...

i deleted my last comment because the link messed up... check out my posting "for all you Dr Katz fans" youll like that film...

Diana said...

How do you get it to email you? That's cool! Welcome back, Brew. Hope you are well and I'm glad you had fun on your journey!!!

bigsip said...

Brew! Sounds like a good time, my friend. Gaudi was an artist I studied in my art classes in high school. He so highly ornamented his architechture and other art that the word "gaudy" was created for him! You know, gaudy Gaudi. Anyway, he is considered a great artist of the Art Nouveau movement.

Mat Brewster said...

Gaudi may have been gaudi, but his stuff is gorgeous, way cool and all that.

Mat Brewster said...

Di, to get it to e-mail you log into blogger and look at the settings tab. There is one section called e-mail which allows you to set blogger to alert you whenever anybody posts a new subject. Under the comments tab there is a place where you can enter your e-mail and receive one anytime a comment is made on any blog post. Although it may only allow one of us to receive such e-mail, I'm not sure. If my e-mail is there, try adding a comma or semi-colan after my address and adding yours.