Saturday, July 30, 2005

Lil' sappy, lil cheesy...

I have great friends...
Sip and I went fishing this morning with some guys from church.
Since my wife was out of town, and we had to leave his house at 6:30am this morning, I asked to spend the night with them. Also due to the fact that my wife is out of town, and staying in an empty house isn't all that fun. I mean, it is cool a few times, but not for 4 days straight.

So we all go for a walk before dinner. 3 miles. Then, Sip and Rachel cook chili while I am handed the horrible, daunting task of watching Luke (sarcasm)... it was probably the most fun I had all week to be honest, "watching" Luke.

So then we eat, I call the Mulls' cell phone to talk to Brew (which was a highlight of the night, despite the loud resturant), we watch a little Dr Katz DVDs, and we head off to bed. Sip had so many cool books in his guest room I had to stay up a bit and read some. By the way; If you ever read any of Mark Twains short stories, don't read the one titled "Story Of The Bad Little Boy"... it is very disturbing.

ANYWAY, what I am getting at was that I felt like a freaking aprt of the family! And I also know that ANY of my friends would have done this for me. And, likewise, I know I would do it for any of my friends.

Adults don't make new friends very easily, so we have to cherish the ones we have. And of the ones we have, there are only a handful that are like family. For me, that handful is everyone that is a part of this blog (the 5, and their wives [and their kids]), Ryan F, and a couple of the couples at church.

So, Thanks Sippers, and thanks to everyone else! To friends! (Holding up imaginary glass)

14 comments:

lilsip said...

Aww, gee thanks! I realized after you left that you must have been miserable all night due to the heat. We keep the front of the house warmer since we're not in there as much. Should've remembered to cool it down for you!

JS said...

Let me be honest...
there wasn't anything that was uncomfortable at all. In fact, I took no notice at all of the temperature in the house so it must have been just right. I had the fan on low and that was only for sound to fall asleep to. House temp was fine!

lilsip said...

s'cool.

JS said...

Oh, and Rachel;
I know that being a full time mommy and taking care of Luke while Josh is at work on the weekdays can be exhausting (but rewarding)work. I also assume that on the weekends, you get some time to relax while joshie-pooh takes on some of the work load. So I am very thankful to you for giving Josh the chance to go fishing with me. I was happier he was there that he was to be there I bet, simply because having a bussy on the boat made the trip more fun for me. Were he not there, i am sure i would not have had such a great time. THANKS!

Mat Brewster said...

Cheers Mate! It was good to hear both your voice and Josh's. Sorry the restraunt was so loud. I could barely hear either of you so that's why I wasn't talkative.

lilsip said...

What? Josh is supposed to help with the kid on weekends??? Just kidding! He helps me out with Luke all the time! I've got to brag on this guy. He works full time and still does at least half the cooking/cleaning around here, not to mention how much time he spends with Luke. Sigh. Life is good. (although i try not to take advantage) ;)

bigsip said...

There she goes again, lovin' me! My sweet wife and boy are more than worth the work I do. I couldn't do enough to deserve the love I have from them and all you guys. Indeed, we feel at home around you all. Jamison, having you stay over was awesome! It's always a blessing when any of our friends visit. We are truly blessed to be so close by that we can see friends and family practically anytime. We can't wait for everyone to visit!!! It's gonna be sweet!

Diana said...

Yeah. I know what you mean. I feel so drawn to Alabama... I really feel like I want to move there to be close to family. That's my reason. I'd rather be close to you guys than my own family any day. I also feel like I have 5 big bros.. which is good, cause if anyone's mean to me, I'll have 5 people to beat them up:)

bigsip said...

Come on down!!! We'll hash out a few things while y'all are down. Maybe there is a way for y'all to make it happen!!! We'll see.

JS said...

If the Stubbs came a few weeks ago, they'd probably change their minds! 100 degree heat (with the humidity) and a breeze that feels like a hairdryer in your face... although it has cooled down greatly the past few days... but you have to deal with a 5 minutes huricane-esque storm around 2 or 3pm everyday...

oddly enough, I love the south, despite its other-planet-like weather.

bigsip said...

Unpredictability can be fun! There are still plenty of hot ops yet! We'll be feelin the heat till November, probably.

mullinz8 said...

Jamison you of course remember the motto of east Tennessee meteorologists, "if you don't like the weather wait five minutes and it'll change". Lately it's been too true. Rain, sun, thunder, sun, sun, rain, constant humidity though.

JS said...

yes, indeed. At least it isnt as bad as florida i suppose. Hey, I just mowed the front AND backyard. Which is rare for me. Normally ill do one, then do the other the next day, but the weather was fine for mowing today! And I am exhausted.

Best feeling on earth: Mow your yard, then showering afterwards...

Last time I mowed, I had to pee, but held it the entire time I mowed. So, after i finished, i was thirsty too. I got a wild idea...

I took the bottle of cold water to the shower with me. I turned on the shower, got it nice and warm, and jumped in. Then, as the water massaged my back, I peed down the drain and drank the cold water... It was then that all went black, and I saw into the future for about 19 seconds. When I came to, I was completely dry, laying on the sofa, wearing socks and a tee shirt (and nothing else) and there was a lifetime movie on the TV. I looked down and there sat a half eaten plate of boiled cabbage.

Try it sometime!

bigsip said...

Wow, that's kinda psychedelic, man. You sure your water wasn't spiked? Actually, I might try that this weekend. I have to mow my yard and I know it's going to be a task. I have let this St. Augustine go for three weeks now and that stuff gets THICK! Anyway, it'll give me a good workout!