Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Son of a....

So, while on this long vacation I took many a picture on the digital camera. In Montpellier my 256 mb memory card ran out. Brian and I decided to combine our cards into a cd at a local shop. The guy seemed to be a little slow at figuring out the technology end. However, he was using one of those machines you find at any Wal-Mart. Machines so easy my grandmother could use them. So, I wasn’t too worried. An hour later he brought us the cd.

I then deleted all of my previous pictures, because they should be safely stored on the cd. I just now looked through the cd and almost all of the pictures are not available. It looks like he did part of Brian’s card before something screwed up and he called it good.

This means every picture of Dublin and Barcelona that I took no longer exists!

There are many words I am saying right now, but I’ll spare the reader here.

Being that we only got one cd, and I decided to call it mine, Brian didn’t delete all of the pictures he took. So it is possible that some Dublin and Barcelona pictures remain, even if they weren’t taken by me.

Sucks, is what this does.

11 comments:

JS said...

yuck!
it may be worth taking another trip iver there just to slap the guy in the face then head back home.

bigsip said...

Dang, Brew! Hope your bil still has his pics! You ought to invest in a second memory card, too. Don't mean to pour salt and rub it in or anything. Just better to have the extra cards if you can get them. Sorry that happened. I'm sure they were awesome, pics; especially with the Gaudi stuff!

bigsip said...

Here's a thought. Write down everything you can remember from your trip in as much detail and expression as possible. Sometimes words can paint a more beautiful picture than a photograph ever could! Take some snapshots from your memory and heart my friend!

JS said...

yeah but a long paragraph is easy to skim through without reading, pictures i can skim over and get the jest in 20 seconds!

bigsip said...

Well, I meant more for Brew's benefit than ours. Something to help him hold the journey in remembrance. I wish I were more of a photographer. But, fortunately my lovely wife takes care of all that for us. She does a great job having taken a couple of photography courses at UGA. Pics are good to have...I wish we had some from that beach trip that had slipped my mind for some time! Glad you guys reminded me.

JS said...

i think i am the same way. I like to think that I am a wonderful photographer, but I just am not... i wish i were better.

bigsip said...

You've take some good ones, my friend. Photography is 9/10 trial and error anyway. Fortunately, we have the wonderful digital camera now, and you can check your photo immediately, keep or discard it, and if it still needs some work on the computer, Photoshop it! Ah, photographs will never be the same.

Mat Brewster said...

See the thing is that I had this long conversation with Brian before we left. We agreed that I would take the camera and that he would leave his at home. He would bring all of his extra memory cards, etc and this way we would have tons of storage space for out photographs. Well he shows up with not one, but two digital cameras and needs all the memory he can get. So I was left with my one card.

JS said...

2 cameras...? What on earth for? Does any human need more that one? UNless it is for your job?

Mat Brewster said...

Apparently one was for Bethany, though I did notice that Brian pretty much took all the pictures.

The second one was smaller and had a full gig of space on it.

It was very interesting seeing my sister interact as a wife for two full weeks

bigsip said...

Did she crush his manhood several times, or just sarcastically castrate him? That's the Bet I know! J/K...I'm sure it was interesting, though. She was so quiet the last time I saw her when they visited Dalraida. She started warming up and speaking more right before they left, though. Twas good to see them.