Friday, July 22, 2005

Unblocked

I had a bad writing day yesterday. I felt down and blocked-up to a certain extent, which is not normal for me at all. I went to bed last night telling Rachel about the problem and saying that I was trying to find a way through to the next level of the book I'm writing now. Today at work, it hit me like a bolt of lightening and I finally found the pathway to the next level of this book and a way to keep it going into the sequels. Everything makes perfect sense now. I guess I'm saying all this for two reasons. First, I needed to write it out and get it out of my head because I am so excited that I'm about to explode. Second, I want everyone to know that if you hit a wall with something you're trying to accomplish, just calm down and keep thinking it through. Eventually, you'll figure it out and it will be one of those seminal moments where a veil is removed and everything is fresh, new, and exciting! Keep those creative minds working, my friends!

3 comments:

Mat Brewster said...

That reminds me of the book, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance in which the author discusses that the best way to solve a problem is to let it alone for awhile and relax your mind.

JS said...

welcome back Brew!

bigsip said...

It all comes back, like a computer defreagging itself or something. My processing just had to cacch up!