Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Cold hearted DVD player

We have 2 DVD players.
One was given to us as a gift our first Christmas from Larissas parents. That was in 2000, so it is kind of old.
The other is a newer model, with progressive scan, that I got for 30 bucks on ebay. It broke, but the company fixed it for free. It has no display, so thats the only place it is lacking.

Anyway, the old one is now in our bedroom, i watch Dr Katz on it as i fall asleep mostly.

This DVD player is quite cheerful when you turn it on. On the alarm-clock-style digital display, the message "Welcome to DVD world" scrolls across it. Ive had it for 5 years and still get joy out of making fun of that sentence with my wife.

It plays DVDs quite well, and I enjoy it.

But this DVD player has a pouty streak.

Turn it off, and you dont get "Goodbye"... you simply get the word "BYE"

as if to say "Fine! Leave! Jerk! I didnt want to play anymore for you ANYWAY!"

I feel so shamed and humiliated when I turn off this DVD player due to its bad attitude.

What can I do?

7 comments:

bigsip said...

I think you should leave it in "time-out" for a few days and then play something on it and see if it has a better attitude then. Maybe having a stern talk with it might help too. Let it know how disappointed you are by its terse farewell. It's probably just never been taught. If that doesn't work, threaten it with some jumper cables!

mullinz8 said...

I just bought a new DVD player for $35 last night. The other one would play for ten minutes which is the perfect amount of time to get into a movie and then it would turn blue for the rest of the night.

bigsip said...

The pic is AWESOME!!! Love the blackout line! I have had the DVD player with the blue screen of death, too! They suck!

Diana said...

I think it needs the Lord.

bigsip said...

Yes, wash it thoroughly from its iniquities. I'm not sure if baptism would be a good thing for a DVD player, though. Maybe you should just annoint it with oil or something. They have those alcohol wipes, too...

JS said...

nice of you to include stubbs in your pic now di!

mullinz8 said...

Jamison have you noticed Stubbs finally looks as though he's matured and completed puberty. Way to go Diana! I told the guy that he'd like sexual maturity. I think Jason Lee set Stubbs back several years. Great picture.