Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I'm so glad it's not true...

I rarely remember my dreams. I'm not sure why, but I don't. I remember a peice of one I had last night that didn't really scare me, but made me think. I somehow always know I'm dreaming when I dream, so it's not like I'm experiencing it or like I'm scared. In this dream, I was back in the Air Force and I was packing to go somewhere. Rachel was very sad and I was, too. But, more than anything I knew I had to go and it was my duty to go. At the same time, I knew it wasn't real and just watched myself, knowing how blessed I really was while simultaneously appreciating that other me for going and doing his duty. I think about that quite a bit. Our lives take different courses depending on the paths we choose. I feel led by God, but also know I choose, albeit prayerfully, which way to go. I don't hold too much to "What if?" questions, but I think we can all appreciate the thoughts of where we could be under different circumstances or if we had chosen different paths. Do things like this ever cross your minds?

3 comments:

tnmommieof2 said...

i think things like this all the time sip. i mean, look at me and matt. when we first started dating, everyone warned me, saying, "you better be careful..he will break your heart..."and i chose not to listen. and we have been together 10 years now...i often wonder and used to wonder all the time why matt chose me. out of all the gals he "allegedly" had that wanted him, why me? i don't wonder it as much as i used to...i trust that it was meant to be.

bigsip said...

Yeah, me too. I don't dwell on stuff, just appreciate the good things in life by occasionally imagining life in a different way. Life without Rachel and Luke, and even all you guys, would be like trying to breathe molten lava. So, I'm blessed! Bob's your uncle...that's twice I've used in now, Rachel.

lilsip said...

I'm so proud of you, Josh. Bob is your uncle.