Monday, July 25, 2005

Madagascar

Rachel and I went to the $5 (gets you the show, popcorn, and drink!) theatre here in Montgomery this past weekend and saw the Dreamworks pictures digitally animated movie, Madagascar. It was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Chris Rock (who I find unfunny in his comedy routines) was hilarious as the zebra. Ben Stiller (who cracks me to peices) was great as the lion. Jada Pinket (who I was astonished to hear as the voice of the Hippo) was passable. David Schwimmer made for a fairly funny hypochodriac giraffe, but I'm not especially fond of him as an actor/commedian. In any case, it was roll on the floor funny in many parts. The scenes between Rock and Stiller cracked me up the most. Although, there were some scenes with Cedric the Entertainer as a lemur that made me laugh as well. Andy Richter was flawless as a militant penguin, too. There were some expected parody scenes, but they were funny enough to keep the adult movie-goers laughing and interested. Overall, a funny movie. Very clean, too. I recommend it for those with small children.

7 comments:

Diana said...

OOOh! I can't wait to see it! This movie theatre sounds cool, too!

bigsip said...

It most certainly is a cool theatre. Old and not very clean, but it is inexpensive and the movies are fairly recent. Perhaps something worth a watch will be showing while y'all are here!

JS said...

ill pass on the movie-with-my-friends-from-out-of-town trip... I tend to find stubbs and mullins funnier and more enjoyable to be around when I can see and speak to them. lol...

besides, that is sort aof an old theatre... if we must see a movie, a renter or a trip to the Rave would be better. Albeit, more expensive, unless it is a matinee...

I sound grumpy, I know, but i really am not, I finally got this dumb computer working so i feel pretty good, but you should see it. It looks like a Mr Wizard experiment on my floor... but it is running... We need a new one :(

kermitgrn said...

I have to agree with Jamison. Movies with friends waste valuable time. I like hanging out, talking, eating, and snuggling in bed with my buddies much better. Ummmm...scrath that last part.

Charlie said...

Nothing wrong with snuggling...right, Brew? (wink, wink)

bigsip said...

I wasn't suggesting that we all go out and see a movie together. I don't like that either. But, C and D could catch a show on Monday or something while we're all at work. Just providing some ideas for fun while we are not able to entertain.

JS said...

ttvt, ttvt