Saturday, July 02, 2005

Some sea fishing pics...


So I got these pics earlier than I thought I would. Still, Chuck has better ones than these... Hopefully, he will post his soon. Here is Chuck and I enjoying the ride out to sea...
Here is Charles and Thomas.
Here is an interesting thing. These guys on the small boat go out each morning to catch small fish, then charter boats, like the one we were on, go buy the live bait from them... an interesting way to make a living I thought.


Thomas got a hold of one of those little fish that rides on the sides of sharks and cleans them. He was feeling dirty so he let the fish clean him a bit.

While I may have caught the largest fish of the trip, Thomas caught the largest fish that we were supposed to be fishing for, so to him, more credit is given. Thomas is an interesting fellow. He asked me how many fish I caught as we were driving home. I said "I don't know, maybe 15." He calmly said "Actually you caught about 13." I said "Oh, you were counting how many I caught?" and he said "Yes, I wanted to catch more than you, and I did." The hilarious thing is that this guy is one of the calmest men I have ever met and I wouldn't take him for a competitive man, but he must have a bit of an athlete in him. We had also only spoken 3 or 4 times before this trip, so this made the comment funnier. Maybe I bring out the competitivness in people.


A look at our catch, the "Bonita" spoken of earlier is to the far left, next to it is Thomas' catch. The long fish next to it is a mackrell... Chucks dad caught it. Naturally, these photos dont do justice to the size of these fish, but to give you an idea, Thomas had to cut about 4 or 5 inches off the tail of the Bonita so it would fit in his large cooler.



The fishermen and their catch.

2 comments:

bigsip said...

Can't see the pics for some reason...

bigsip said...

OK, the pics are all viewable now. Great pics! Y'all really cleaned that ocean out!