Monday, July 18, 2005

G-Parents

We're blessed! Saturday night, Rachel's parents (who happen to live on Faulkner's campus) kept Luke while we had what we call a "home date". Pretty much, we just cooked up some nice seafood pasta and some salads at the house and rented a movie (A Very Long Engagement with Audrey Tatou from Amelie). It was so nice to just be alone together and spend very little money to have a really good time. Then, last night after church, my parents came up to visit and brought us a cooler full of fresh veggies from the farm (corn, peas, and butterbeans). Then, on top of that, they took us out to eat at Cheeburger Cheeburger (delicious!)!!! Then there are the music makings with my folks and the creativity sessions we get to have with Rachel's folks. We're getting spoiled, but it is awesome to be near the G-parents. Of course, the main reason we moved here was for the less tangible benefits of being near the GPs. They are all Christians and will no doubt rub off on Luke and any other children we have. It's so nice to have the extra support there, too. I know the Mullins family enjoys the family benefits as well. It's good stuff! Anyway, just wanted to share the joy we've been blessed with for the last couple of days.

6 comments:

bigsip said...

Of course, this in no way diminishes the goodness of being near friends, as well. Although it does highlight the fact that I have been falling down on spending time with the McCowns. There always seems to be some sort of schedule clash! Yes, excuses excuses...the busy lives of young couples with children!

mullinz8 said...

The grandparents rock. My mom just signed up Isaac and three of my brothers kids for swimming lessons. We're going tonight if we don't get rained out. I'm not sure what we'd do with out them. When we took Caleb to the ER recently it was a relief to just drop off Isaac at Moms. Jules folks watch the boys three days a week and again my only worry is the amount of junk food Isaac gets. If that's the worst of my worries then I'm flying! I'm not sure how the rest of you guys are going to do it. Actually if I had you guys around I'd try and set up a bi-weekly parents night out. Once every two weeks we'd have all your kids over and let you guys out to play and then we'd switch out. If the Stubbs head south eventually they will start popping out babies, someday Jamison will too, maybe. you guys can start your own day care soon.

Mat Brewster said...

Ah the busy life of marriage without children. Anytime Amy and I want a romantic dinner, a stay home date, or just some snuggle time we just do it.

Speaking of children though Amy just ran out of birth control.

bigsip said...

Rut roh!!! Better wear your latex hoodie, Brew! Nah, have some younguns. They're great! I do recall the freedom of those pre-child days, but I must say that I can't imagine life without Luke. The joy that little smile and the way he dances and says, "Dada" whn I get home brings, is like sunshine and rain. Then, when I look at his mother, the flowers grow and bloom.

tnmommieof2 said...

but the joy it brings to my heart every single time Caleb and Isaac smile....

bigsip said...

It's amazing, no question...