Sunday, September 11, 2005

With Sadness Comes Rejoicing.

Read one post down, before you read this one.

After hearing the sad news of my grandfather passing, mom called to give me some wonderful news. My uncle Jerry was baptized on Friday.

His wife, my aunt, is a Christian, but he has always been pretty ambivilent about the whole thing. He has always came to church on Sunday morning, but any attempt to talk to him about religion has always met resistence. A few years ago my dad started a Bible study, but it didn't last long. Jerry had no knowledge of the Bible and little interest. He used the defense that there were so many religions out there, who can tell which one is right?

Dad and another member of the church in Claremore picked up a study with him a few months ago. They continued to be met with resistence, and decided they would start with the very begining. Slowly he became more accepting that the Word is Truth. He called my dad when he learned that he was leaving to be with my grandfather and wanted to be baptized before Dad left.

This is very exciting stuff. I've been praying for him for years.

4 comments:

bigsip said...

Brew, that's awesome! That is great cause for rejoicing!

tnmommieof2 said...

isn't it amazing how God works.....

mullinz8 said...

Silver lining.

JS said...

Yup, I think God has some sort of plans going on... is this the bluegrass uncle?