Tuesday, September 13, 2005

what about here

So who would visit us if we moved here? Jules is not thrilled with the prospect of moving to Hawaii for a couple of years so I’m going to look at a few other places. Time-Warner (CNN) is located in the ATL, obviously and Jules has conceded that living there might be a bit easier. She’s also said that she could live in NYC for a while though that sounds not quite as ideal as a 72 degree ocean bound paradise. I’m also going to look for something in Maryland which is the HQ for the Discovery Networks.
So why the interest in leaving Scripps? My work load is getting lighter and lighter (problem with in productions as a whole) and what I’m doing is getting dumber and dumber (ditto). My next large project is to remove one minute from a two minute on-line segment please enjoy a sample of what I will be dissecting by scrolling to the bottom and clicking "watch the video".
I've applied for a gig inside Scripps at GAC, Great American Country which is a country music channel Scripps has just acquired but I have no idea when I’ll hear back from those folks.
I’m just antsy and wanting a change of pace and local news has very few positions where I’d be making the money I am here, table scraps as they are. so if I'm going to try something different it might as well be really different.

6 comments:

JS said...

i know the feeling of wanting a change... those who succeed are thouse who break away from what is comfortable at work, those who are willing to do what it takes to become successful (more rather). I will never be like you mullins because i am always too satisfied with the status quo... where as you are willing to try something new to be able to bring in more for your family and enjoy work more...

FYI, if you moved to atlanta, i would probably visit mount rushmore more than i owuld visit you. I hate that city with every fiber of my being, the traffic is enough to keep me away even if they offered free gas to all who dealt with the traffic for one hour... I have told larissa this and she has agreed with me, that even if we both got job offered of $100,000 a year, i wouldnt move there.

i have to go there thursday to fly out and am dreading it.

Now, if you lived just south west of atlanta... i would visit...

"We would live outside atlanta though!" this is where everyone lives... does ANYone live IN atlanta? NO! hence every city "outisde" atlanta is packed to the gills too....

bigsip said...

Newnan's OK...Atlanta does suck, somewhat. Go to NYC, baby! I would love to have a reason to come visit there! I've been all over Atlanta and am sort of tired of it. We plan to visit NYC sometime, anyway. Cost of living up there is pretty high, too. Atlanta is fairly high, but not too bad. Where ever y'all wind up, I'm sure it'll be cool, though.

bigsip said...

Saw the sample...seems like they could have found someone more attractive than the hermaphroditic person they chose to do all that cleaning. I feel your boredom, my friend.

JS said...

Scripps likes to ignore good looking folks for hosting gigs... or, when put up against a hot chick, they take the hot chick instead of the cool guy (being me...)

mullinz8 said...

too true brother.

Mat Brewster said...

I'd say you have to weight everything in. How is Jules going to adjust to the new environment? What about the munchkins? Big moves are a bigger deal to the little guys.

You'll be away from the family that's a big deal.

Who says they other job won't suck?

Not to say you shouldn't move. I just know from experience that big moves aren't always that easy. It might be a great opportunity, and actually now is the time before the boys are in school.