Wednesday, September 07, 2005

SPIDER! He is our hero!



I am going to throw down with 3 blogs today. Mostly picture-full.

Friday, I took the day off. I took my laptop home thursday night so I could work from home on friday, with my main reason to save some gas. I was actually able to be pretty productive at home, answering emails and my cell phone. Even taking control of a few users desktops from home to fix problems.

I also decided to deep clean my office at home, I came across a few boxes we never unpacked from 3 years ago when we moved into this house! Several items belonged in the guest bedroom that was next to my office. One such instance, I was talking on the phone to Larissa as I put something in the guest bedroom, in the middle of a sentence I scream as girly-like as a man possibly can... I saw this:


Now, I hate spiders.... right up there with dolls. But everytime I see a huge one, i HAVE to take a photograph of it, because people simply will not beleive how big it is when I tell them....

Here is another shot of the monster....

Larissa panics on the phone:
"Whats wrong?!?!?!"
After more yelps, I tell her. Her solution? "Kill it with a shoe!"
Mine? I get the bug killer and spray him one good time. He runs and hides. I find hima nd spray hime again. He hides again. And I cant find him.
Here we have a nice, clean bedroom, and when my wife gets home, the bed is moved, all the junk under it is all over the floor, and the sword I have that is a replica of Glamdring from LOTR is out (I was using it to move itesm from under the bed).

I never found the spider....

11 comments:

bigsip said...

Dang...it's Shelob!

JS said...

funny that, in a way, i was fighting this spider with an elven blade

Diana said...

I"m sure he's dead

Mat Brewster said...

We love you spider.

JS said...

...get rid of....

bigsip said...

Must get...

lilsip said...

*rachel pulls feet up onto chair*

JS said...

"I promise not to kill you..."

... when is everyone else going to ask what the heck sip and brew and I are talking about?

I love inside jokes, because i am so seldom a part of them....

tnmommieof2 said...

OMIGOSH!!!!! that looks just like the spider that matt's mom had to come over and kill for me right after matt and i got married. he was working at that jewelry t.v. station and was on midnights...i came home to find a spider in the kitchen blocking me from going in. i am absolutely terrified of spiders, a true arachnophobe...so i called susan(matts mom) and said a huge spider was keeping me from going into the kitchen and i couldn't go to bed until i got rid of the spider. she said step on it...noooo way was i doing that.. what if i missed???? i'd worry all nite long that it was gonna crawl in bed with me. so she comes to the apartment and with flyswatter in hand, rescues me from the horrible creature. i don't think i'll ever live that one down...she teases me constantly about it....

mullinz8 said...

I don't think it's dead. turst me if you don't find the body and confirm the kill you can't trust the spray to finish the job. I'll be you it's behind your night stand or something. Just waiting...

JS said...

trust me, id probably hear it walking if it was that close... this was the kind of bug spray you spray around your house like the exterminator uses... and i hit him directly twice... if he is not dead then his brood has probably developed antibodies against it and are not unkillable.