Friday, June 24, 2005

"Werewolf!" "There wolf." "What...?" "There castle."

Okay, time for another, world famous "JAMISON DREAM!"

Hope you people like long blogs... until the blog admin (Brew) sets a limit on length, expect long ones from me...

The wife rented Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban last night. I walked into the house a bit late in the movie, so once I got comfy, I sat down with her to watch it.

The coooooolest scene on earth happened right before my eyes during this movie, I began to have nystagmus* due to the coolness of this scene...

First, some background...
My favorite "horror movie" character of all times has always been the werewolf. I like the Thriller video okay, but I LOVED "An American Werewolf in London" (yes, I saw it when it came out, I was 5, it was rated R... not my parents fault, HBO). There are two types of Werewolves: the quadruped and the biped. I am more of a quadruped fan. They look like real wolves on steroids... Even as a kid, I would have dreams that my dad was a werewolf and I thought, "cool!" ... it didn't scare me!

In later years I would go to sleep fantasizing that I was a biped werewolf, but hunched over (you never saw these kind in movies, you either saw the quadruped or the biped... my fantasy was to be somewhere in the middle...)

Well friends, in this Harry Potter movie, my fantasy was before my very eyes. The scene was a quadruped and a biped (like I imagined myself being) having a fight. I knew I was going to have a great dream from this one.

And indeed I did friends!

I don’t know why, but werewolves do not scare me! I LOVE THEM! If superman fought a werewolf, I would root for the werewolf! ...Okay, but if like, Jesus had a fight with one, I'd have to root for Jesus...

Anyway, I had a dream that I was an 18-wheeler truck driver and I had a partner (BUSINESS partner you perverts) who drove another truck behind me. We stopped at a gas station (in fact, one down the road from me on HWY 231) that has an almost identical gas station across the street.

I forget what happens now, but the next thing I know, we get out and are in a building off to the side of the gas station (like a storage shed) and this HUGE werewolf is trying his hardest to get in. Its head it in the door and me and my partner are trying to close the door. I hit the werewolf in the head several times, but he keeps snapping at me and ramming the door with his shoulders.

All this time, I am not all that scared. Since I love werewolves so much.

Finally, the lady working in the gas station comes out and is like "What's going on out here?" The werewolf turns to look at her, we shut the door, she screams, runs in the gas station, locks the door. Werewolf breaks through the glass, wreaks havoc.

Next scene the lady is in the parking lot with us telling us that if we are "gonna cause commotion like that in the future, you need to start going across the street" (Pointing to the other gas station). I then say "But you have more candy in your mart than they do!"

Next scene we see our boss (some character I have never seen before” walking towards us in a huff, carrying the lid to a garbage can (don’t ask me).

He sees a man approach him, between him and us. My partner and I know this is the werewolf, so we are like “yes, yes, yes, make him mad!” Our ‘boss’ then tells the guy to move it! They have a heated exchange. The man then somehow produces this asparagus plant. In the dream, I know that this is what the werewolf comes from, but now, it makes no sense… but is funny. Our ‘boss’ starts to closely observe the asparagus plant until it turns into the werewolf and attacks him.

I woke up trying to relive the dream.

The end.

What are ya'lls favorite horror creatures?

* Once you figure out the meaning of this word, use it in a sentence today! Have fun with words!

8 comments:

bigsip said...

Working under these flourescent lights in front of a computer every day gives me a wicked nystagmus. Cool dream, Jamison! I wish I remembered more of mine. I think the difference between those two werewolves is that one chooses to turn into a wolf and can still control himself whereas the other cannot control it's werewolfiness and simply attacks from hunger and instinct. Interesting...The Sirius Black dude (Gary Oldman) has the ability to turn into a wolf and is in control of himself. It's magic! Also, Sirius means dog....like the star Sirius means dog star. So the dudes name was Black Dog...Led Zeppelin would be proud.

Mat Brewster said...

I dreamed last night that Ronald Reagan was my dad.

I've got to go with vampires as my favorite horror villain. The Bella Lugosi version is classic creepiness. But, really, I dig the sexy chick versions on oh-so-many B grade flicks.

Oh, or I'll go with the blob. How cool is a big red ooozing slab of jello for a baddie?

JS said...

to me, the blob seemed like some writers excuse for a movie. Sounds like a production studio was desperate so they tossed a writer into a dark room and said "Dont come out till youve come up with a new horror flick."

Mat Brewster said...

You are up late.

I just finnished breakfast.

JS said...

up early, went fishing this morning at 5:30... it shows I posted at 2-something AM, but I dont know whos time that is on.

bigsip said...

I am a vampire fan, too. They are so deliciously suave, cool, and evil. They get all the chicks, man.

JS said...

I dunno, I just get the feeling that vampires are asking to be infected with some horrible virus sucking blood and all... they should use protection

bigsip said...

Yeah, they should have vampire tooth condoms or something....new invention! We'll make millions from all those rich vamps!