Wednesday, June 29, 2005

greetings brothers!

Yes, it seems as though I've died, sorry about that.
Someone please e-vite Jules to blog. mXXXXXX@yahoo.com.
Last week I had about three days of shooting Wed - Friday so I was out in the sun a lot!
Yesterday I was out because Caleb was ill, that later turned into a 3-5am ER visit from an asthma attack. Not fun. I hope and pray that none of you guys ever learn what the inside of an ER looks like because of a child. Caleb is really good now but tomorrow, Thursday, we're got to see his pulmonary doctor at Children's Hospital so I'll be out again. Last night we had a really shitty nurse but a dang smoking hot X-Ray tech. I guess there is balance in the word. I told Jules that should I even need x-rays I want that tech to get me positioned properly...
So, my Asheville gig. The clock is ticking and the pressure is rising. I just had my Director of Photography (DP) bail on the shoot. He's a great guy and a good friend but he's left me in something of a bind. Chuck, if I can't find a replacement then I'll let you know that there will be no need to drive north to stand in the blazing hot July sun for a couple of days.
Yes in a nut shell one person has caused this entire project and my subsequent world domination to grind to a screeching halt. Can you say stressed?
As I was doing a bit of back reading I came across my propensity for swaging in question. As Jules is trying to get me to reclaim the mantle I'll explain my thoughts. First Asheville is 90% totally comped. The only thing I'm not coving is the cost of petrol for the participants and souvenirs, who am I Trump? The reason that I'm not offering to swag anything right now is that I don't have an excuse. When I was working on The Best Of I had every opportunity to scout and write proposals, basically stating that every where I went could be a potential shoot. This is a great way to build a relationship with a future client. At Scripps right now I'm doing jack, thusly forbidding the ability to "scout" anything. If the golf thing gets picked up consider your selves on notice for a fine time at some exotic local.
But as to what my favorite trip was, I'm not really sure. Nashville and the Opry was really great and a finely structured arrangement that should have never happened on that scale, you guys have no idea what they were actually giving us. On a skill level it was an easy 8.5. Myrtle Beach was a great joy and a wonderful beach and the first time I met the future Miss. Stubbs. WE got nailed the first night out by the buffet but that's turned into a wonderful story. Destin was wonderful! I loved kayaking with Sipp and Jamison and our "nice", country club, meal was indeed awesome! Who can forget watching Brittney?! Yes, Sipp I sinned... I guess Nashville was the best because outside of Stubbs we were all there. I always love dining with Charles because if everything is just right "Chuck" comes out and the fun meter is turned a click closer to 11. Chuck you may have no idea what this means and that's fine we've all discussed this and trust me it's a good thing.

15 comments:

JS said...

Kayaking, yes, twas fun, but I got burnt up, my mistake...

We were truly treated like kings at opry...

ill never forget the scary mermaind lady in the myrtle beach buffet... AUGH!!!!

When swag doth come, i shall accept.

Mullins. There is a couple in Asheville that we are friends with and they are a young, good looking couple. If you make it up there, can they be non-paid extras?

JS said...

oh... good to hear from you, and i shall pray for your good son...

See you July 6th... or the 5th... somewhere around there...

bigsip said...

Ah, Mullins! Welcome back, my friend. Man, I hope you can still hook up the Asheville gig. We'll pray for you on it. Also, prayers for the little faithful spy (Caleb). Rachel was just like that when she was little. It's scary for a little one, and the parents. I too hope that we never have to go through anything like that. As far as swag goes, I care not for swag as long as I get to see my lovely friends every once in a while. Y'all are all swag enough for me!

bigsip said...

We weren't in Nashville, either :(
Wish we hadn't missed it...I think there was an issue with vacation or something to do with getting out of the military that prevented us from being there. Oh well...

mullinz8 said...

Sipp you guys were not there? Weird, you're name must have been thrown around a lot. I'm sure that it was followed by the pre-requisit "that bastard..." I remember that the Chucks and Brews and us all went in search of adventure the first night and almost got killed after nobody but Chuck and Jules wanted to stay out all night. I told you guys that we should have stayed out.
The thing in Asheville is that to get anyone is going to cost some money. I've got an almost nonexistant budget for this thing and hiring a shooter is going to blow me out of the financial water.

bigsip said...

HAHA!!! I am a bastard for not making that trip. Oh well...we made up for it in Destin. Maybe one of us will come upon a job in the future that will allow much swag. Never know! Of course, we could always just use some innate powers of "persuasion" to accomplish a covert swag-grab, but that's probably illegal.

bigsip said...

So, is this thing being funded by you or by Scripps? I guess I don't really understand what is going on here. Is this a new show op under the auspices of Scripps or your own start-up thingamawhatsit?

Mat Brewster said...

I just sent Jules an invitation. I didn't realize that the blog was going to take the place of all e-mail, or I would have invited everyone in the first place.

I've officially given everybody full admin access now, so we can all edit everything, and invite who we please.

Mat Brewster said...

So what is this Britney Spears story? did you guys really see her out on the beach?

JS said...

good move on X-ing out Jules email addy... great way for smappers to find her.

Yes, we saw her on teh beach, she was on a private beach next to ours. No one was allowed over to it except maybe to get a frisbee. At the time, I didnt know it was her. A cute blonde was sitting on the beach with some guy, behind her and to her left was a very large Simoan fellow... which I presumed to be her body gaurd (look for any paparazzi pic of Spears and you may see him in the background).

Most of the remaining of the trip involved Mullins and I trying to spot her room from our balcony with Binocs, or Mullins trying to get in that building to find her...

We think we saw her drive off in a jeep with another female friend.

Mat Brewster said...

What's a smapper? I exxxed it out to keep her from getting spam, or at least som much of it.


Ah man, you guys should have brought a big zoom camera. You would have made a mint by selling the pix of britney on the beach.

bigsip said...

Welcome, Julianna! Blog till your little heart's content. I need to invite my wifey, too!

bigsip said...

OK, I invited Rachel. Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

Charlie said...

I enjoyed the Myrtle Beach trip because there was very little travel time involved.

bigsip said...

There was also very little time travel involved. It was cool, though!