Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Is this love?

A little WhiteSnake for your singing-in-your-head pleasure (Sorry for you younger ones who don't remember WhiteSnake... you are probably better off actually.)

I just realized what love is.

I had an ingrown hair on my neck. It was in a spot what I simply could not see well enough while looking in a mirror to extract it.

My wife, voluntarily, offers to take a needle and tweezers and get the sucker out for me.

This, my friends, is love. It has nothing to do with sex, looks, or money. If your wife is willing to perform minor surgery on disgusting aspects of your body, you, my friend, have found a soul mate!

-J

4 comments:

tnmommieof2 said...

praise be to the minor surgery!!!!
i actually get on matt's nerves sometimes looking for ingrown hairs
and the like.....and i'm a great splinter-getter-outer!!

mullinz8 said...

My loving and beautiful wife is a closet dermatologist.

If we ever have the chance to sit together anymore the longest I’ve waited until I feel her picking fingernails digging into my skin is 23 seconds. Church, trips, watching TV it doesn’t matter, if her topographically sensitive fingers feel the slightest imperfection razor sharp, somewhat dull razor sharp fingers are unsheathed and sent digging to grade and plow the cause.

After years of ingrown hair, scabs, splinters, pimples and other various demonological occurrences I have now charged my wife with being responsible for my personal appearance. Her job is to spot and remove “old man hair” and anything particularly unpleasant from my person.

My friend I know of the love to which you speak. I am subject and victim of such affection. Just be glad your wife could let you fester in all your bumpiness.

Mat Brewster said...

Nearly every night, my wife rubs my head. For me this pleasure is nearly as exstacy inducing as sex, and it lasts longer too. There is nothing like a little scraching behind the ears.

kermitgrn said...

thanks :P the song is stuck in my head now.

It is love, if Sadomasicism is truly love.