Monday, September 11, 2006

The BIG One



The photo above is not faked or perspective. I could practically fit my head in this fish's mouth. Jamison, Chuck, and I went fishing at my wife's, uncle's pond just outside of Montgomery on Saturday. It was a perfect day for it. About 15 minutes into fishing, I caught this monster. Then, I released it. Chuck and I got pics with our camera phones, so I figured I'd let this big fella live to fight another day.

My uncle-in-law told me later I should have saved him for my wall, but I couldn't do that. A pic is better to me anyway. All in all, it was a fun day. There were only 2 fish caught, unfortunately. I caught them both, but hoped all along for my buds to outdo me.

In other news: We had an awesome time eating together Friday night and cooking out at my pad Saturday night. Our guy time in the "Men's Lounge" was fun, too. We were sad to see Chuck leave again, but we understand what a blessing it is for him and his family to be where they are. One thing's for sure; next spring/summer, Rachel, the boys, and I definitely plan to go visit them in theiir new digs and take in the beach!

4 comments:

JS said...

twas a fine weekend and that fish was a monster... Glad Sip let me get the hook out and hold him for a bit. When I hold a bass, I am not thinking, and when I put it back I have thoughts like "I wish I had observed it more or appreciated it more" but when the blood is pumping and your body is shaking, you dont think like that.

Though I caught nothing, I was pumped to get a hit on a lure I have had for over a year and never had a fish take a second look at it, though everyone says bass attack them. Also was the first time I ever got a hit on a top water lure, it was a rush.

Glad the Chucks got to visit. We, too, will be payuing them a visit once they are settled in their home.

bigsip said...

I think I'll try to take Luke out there to catch some bream sometime. I can't wait to get our pic with his first fish!

tnmommieof2 said...

Do you have a guesstimate on how much it weighed? I am amazed!!!

bigsip said...

Charles, Jamison, and I all were certain it weighed AT LEAST 7 pounds.

It may very well be the biggest bass I've ever caught. Although, my Papaw and I pulled out some whoppers when we went fishing.

Mom and Dad stayed with us last night since they were planning to go to South Carolina to visit Mom's folks. I showed Dad the pic and he said, "Papaw sure would have liked to see this." Made me sad and happy all at once.