Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Got the Call!

Well I was just out mowing my lawn while listening to an mp3 edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on my cell phone. Suddlenly my ringtone kicks in (Creeds'"Can You Take Me Higher?"). I'm like, "Great, how did I do that?" Then I realize, my phone is actually ringing.

I answer and it's my new boss. She said she got my Background Check results in and they weren't good. I freak! Then she says just kidding. It took me a second to realize she was being funny. Well, the background check was fine. I start Friday. I thought everyone would want to know.

5 comments:

JS said...

How cool can things get for you chuck? Again, you are the envy of my eye as you seem to always have been!
Answered prayers are so cool.
so when you coming up next?

kermitgrn said...

I have no idea when I'll be up next. I was hoping you'd come down first. Don't be jeaolus Jamison. I wanted your job for a little while there. Now I get to live the dream.

Answered prayers are awesome! I'm so glad God did it the way He did. I just can't see how He could have done it any better. I wish I would not have been so impatient with Him now that I've seen His workings.

bigsip said...

Major congrats, Chuck!

Glad the job and the bg check came through. God is good!

mullinz8 said...

It’s always nice to work with someone who has a sense of humor.

Way to sit around and wait for the phone to ring.

You’ll do great, someday I think you’re going to run for office. Being any sort of IT guy means that you wield power and knowledge over others.

Ryan F. said...

You were listening to what, cutting your grass? That's great about the job. I knew that something good would happen. I hope it works out well for you.