Friday, June 22, 2007

P.R.

So I know this isn't a good post, and I would have emailed it to you guys, but I figured this blog is read by more than those I will email and alot of prayer is needed...

My brother lives in a house that has a chimney that is occupied by racoons. A cute story of these racoons is that a baby racoon fell and was in his fireplace. He is a gentle man so he kept the baby in a cage, hoping he could nurse it back to health. His neighbor had run the 'mama' racoon off into the woods. Days went by and this baby ate nothing and only stayed huddled in a corner. He was told by friends to let the baby go or it will die, but he was afraid an owl or some beast would take it and eat it.

So that eve, he releases the baby and the mama racoon appears out from behind a tree and the two run off together. She was waiting for her baby the whole time...

Well, the racoons came back. At some point when they left to find food, my brother decided to get on the roof and cover the chimey top... so as to avoid another falling of the 'coon.

Well, he fell off and broke many ribs and punctured his lung and is in ICU.

So please, say a prayer for him and the doctors and nurse staff.

Thanks, love you all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying, now...
-sip

lilsip said...

Me too.

CL said...

Praying...

Mat Brewster said...

done my good friend.

JS said...

Thanks all. He will be taken to a sort of lower level ICU tomorrow and start breathing treatments. With his lungs damaged, there is the risk of pnemonea (spelling). He has had lots of visitors and appears to be okay. No surgery will be needed, but he is in constant pain and has been given a morphine pump... which he uses regularly. He is in alot of pain, but should come out of this okay. He has fallen off things and out of trees since he was a kid. I wish he'd stay on the ground.

Note to all... dont ever get on your roof. You have no idea if a shingle in loose and you will step on it, some leafs or pine straw will cause you to slip, or the roof is just wet. And if a racoon spooks you from your chimney, that could casue you to fall too. Leave the roofs to the pros

Diana said...

That is so sad. Prayers are being said.

Along the same lines, Jeanette (Charlie's sis) needs prayers as well. She just had yet another surgery to remove part of her colon.

JS said...

I called mom and dad last night to check on Chris. All is well, but my dad laughed and said "One son is in the hospital, I am having knee surgery Thursday, and my daughter in law is due to have a baby next week".

My dad is having knee surgery Thursday. Not replacement, just cleaning it out a bit.

kermitgrn said...

Prayer were said Sunday at Church. I'm glad to hear Chris is doing better.

JS said...

now, if you will, turn the prayer towards my wife... will be induced wednesday morning

Anonymous said...

roger that, Com 1...vectoring prayers at one niner Larissa, over.
-sip