Friday, February 29, 2008

Hello, My Name is Chase

I’m an 8-year old, A.K.C. registered Shitztu (I’m also neutered). My Mommy and Daddy are trying to help me find a good home. You see, I’ve been lonely since we moved to Florida, because Mommy and Daddy aren’t home as much.

I’m curious, confident, and sometimes sneaky (especially when I want to sleep in Mommy and Daddy’s room at night). I really love to play with toys when a human is on the other end of it and I like to rough house. When I’m not playing, I’ll chew on my bone, lick up things I find interesting on the floor, or just sleep. I’m also very quite.

I’d really love a home with someone who is there most of the time to play with or watch over. I also might be happy with a couple other dogs my size or larger.

I have a few traits you need to know about:

  1. I have a sensitive stomach and eat special dog food I can only get with a prescription. I can’t even eat table scraps.

  2. I do not like being put in a kennel, and sometimes when I left at home for more than 7 or 8 hours, I get a overly anxious.


If you know of a good home or want to take me home with you, please contact my Mommy and Daddy (contact info excluded)...

Everything above this point (including the title) was a part of a flyer I made to find a new home for Chase. Today, I took him to that new home. Unless something happens, I will never return to see him. I can't do that to him or myself.

When I returned home I lay on my stomach flat on the floor and cried and prayed. Why? (And, why am I holding back tears now?) Chase was just a dog, he turned 8 years old Feb 10th, and here I am writting an epitath just as if he died recently. I have lost part of myself. For eight years, I walked him, bathed him, played with him, and confided in him. I've seen Alexandra recently take to him and start playing with him. And now, I won't get the chance to see him grow old, he won't be there to greet me when I come in the door, he won't be around to...

3 comments:

JS said...

"3. He likes to lick the carpet."

So why the give-away? with 2 kids too much to handle? I can understand that. I wouldnt want a pet to care for with just ONE child.
I also know the heartache you felt.

Anonymous said...

Hard decision, but you did the right thing

JS said...

Sip went through similar situation recently with their grayhound